I’m not usually one for making new year’s resolutions. I’m sure that’s due in part to the fact that I feel like such a failure if I don’t stick to my new goals for the year.
This year is different, though. I have set 5 specific goals that I’d really like to accomplish. Here goes my best attempt at some new year’s resolutions….
1. [Read through the Bible in its entirety] I’ve always wanted to do this, really. Each time I start it I get sidetracked and forget my place or just give up entirely and just start doing a different reading plan. So this year I decided to jump right in with The One Year Bible reading plan. (I found it on http://www.youversion.com and the website has a bunch of different reading plans if you’re looking for one)
2. [Get A’s in all my classes this semester] Right now, this goal seems almost unattainable. I’m not an awful student; I get A’s and B’s — but I’m taking microbiology and bio-organic chemistry this semester. Getting A’s in those classes seems nearly impossible for me. But with God all things are possible, right? So by God’s grace and strength I’m going to do my absolute best and try my hardest to reach my goal of getting all A’s this semester.
3. [Worry less– a lot less] I’m a worrier. Plain and simple. That’s one of my biggest down falls and I know it. I’m not going to consume this year with my worries and fears. I’m going to trust God that He knows what’s best for me and that He has a perfect plan that I don’t have to worry about.
4. [365 project] Yup, I am going to try to conquer the “picture a day project” this year. I got a new camera for Christmas and I’ve always wanted to do this project for fun anyway and so with the new year I figured it would be a perfect time to start. Plus, doing this will ensure that I use my camera at least once a day and it will be cool to document a whole year of my life in pictures. I won’t post a picture I take every single day. Instead I’ll probably just do a blog post once a week that has 7 pictures (a picture a day) that I took from the week before.
5. [Love] Love God and love others. That’s my main goal of this year and of my life in general. I want to pursue Christ in a greater way than I did last year. I want to know Him more and show His love to others the best I can. I want this year to count for eternity.
The beginning of a new year is a beautiful thing. I’m looking forward to see what 2012 has in store!!