I’m 22 weeks pregnant and time is flying by!
Here’s a little update on life lately:
– We are having a baby GIRL!
– Cravings: fruit & pizza
– Pregnancy brain is REAL. I have an entirely new respect for pregnant women.
– I got a part-time job at a local ice cream shop to keep me busy through the summer until baby girl gets here.
– School is going really well. I just started my OB rotation of clinical and I LOVE it. Labor and delivery nurse in the future? We’ll see (:
– We are moving in May! Not too far from where we are now- just into a bigger, 2-bedroom place. I can’t wait to start decorating the baby’s room!
– Gus got to feel baby girl’s little kicks for the first time last week! It was precious. I just know that Gus is going to be a wonderful dad. I’m so excited to see him interact with his daughter.
– Every day we are more excited to meet our little girl.
Ever since we found out I was pregnant I just knew we were going to have a girl. I even told a few of my friends that I would be completely surprised, but still ecstatic, if the baby was a boy. Either it’s that “motherly instinct” or just a lucky guess.
Gus, on the other hand, seemed very concerned at first. Maybe it’s the thought of a baby girl completely wrapping him around her little finger? Our gender reveal ultrasound was so precious, though. Kassidy and Gus were both able to be there, which made it very special. When the sonographer told us that we were having a girl Gus asked her two or three times: “Wait, but you’re not sure? Are you sure it’s a girl?” For a while, he wasn’t convinced and until he had the pictures of the ultrasound in his hand I don’t think he believed it. At first, I was a little worried that he might’ve been disappointed but he told me later that he was so excited and he just wanted to make sure the lady was 100% sure before all of us got too excited. It was really sweet.
It’s so amazing to finally call our baby girl by her name, to say “she” instead of “the baby” and to start planning her nursery and going shopping for our little bundle of joy!