It’s exactly 3 weeks until my due date! THREE WEEKS.
I can’t fully wrap my mind around the fact that in about 3 weeks our lives will change completely & we will have a little baby joining our family. We are beyond excited.
Everyone keeps asking me “So are you ready?”
My answer: Yes and no.
That’s a pretty loaded question, honestly…
– I’m beginning to get very anxious about labor and delivery. I feel like anyone who says they’re not at least a little nervous about it is either crazy or lying. It’s slightly terrifying. I LOVE it from a student nurse’s perspective, but now that I’m the delivering patient it’s a completely different feeling.
– Even though I may have my birth plan, I’m fully aware that deliveries don’t always go as planned and this makes me nervous.
– I’m actually going to miss being pregnant. I’ve loved it. I love every little kick I feel. I love feeling her hiccup. I love people touching my belly and getting excited when they see that I’m expecting & I love the conversations that typically follow. I haven’t been uncomfortable (with the exception of the first trimester and probably 1 or 2 days since) and being pregnant in the summer hasn’t even been bad at all! I feel like it’s probably because I’m so used to Florida summers that this summer in Greenville has been a piece of cake.
– I don’t think anyone can be fully prepared for parenthood. In fact, I know that you really can’t be. It is going to be the biggest responsibility I can possibly think of. I just want to be the best mommy I possibly can be to this sweet baby God has entrusted us with and a part of me is scared that I won’t do a good job. I just know it’s going to be hard.
– It’s all so new for us. Obviously, we’ve never been parents. We don’t exactly know what we’re doing and we have a lot to learn as we go through this journey together.
– Her nursery is done! It’s everything I could’ve hoped for. I’ll share pictures on the blog eventually – I absolutely love it!
– The diaper bag is packed and ready to go. (Of course, adorable newborn outfits and accessories included!!)
– Our hospital bag is pretty much packed!
– We had a beautiful baby shower in Florida with our family and friends a couple of weeks ago and we received everything we could possibly need for our baby girl. (Thank you again to everyone who came and made it so special – and thanks mom, Becky, and Crystal for putting it all together!!)
– The carseat is installed and the base is already in the car. (We also already put up the window shade and little mirror – can you tell we’re a little excited?)
– We took a childbirth class together. That was a blast. It was pretty long (from 9-4 on a Saturday) but it was very informative and we really enjoyed it.
– We toured the labor and delivery unit at the hospital! It is such a beautiful facility and the nurses and doctors are phenomenal. I’m really excited about our hospital choice.
– All of her little outfits and clothes are sorted, organized, and put away. This little girl is spoiled already. Believe it or not, she owns more outfits and accessories than her mommy does!!!
– Her bassinet is set up in our bedroom. (Thanks again to my amazing nursing class – such a sweet gift from some of my favorite people!)
– I am ready for her arrival to make Gus a daddy, Kassidy an Aunt, my mom a Grandma, and my dad a grandpa. She’ll also make Gus’ parents grandparents for the 22nd time! It’s just a really exciting time for a lot of the people I love.
Overall, even though there are little things I’m nervous about and I may not feel completely prepared for, I am just so excited to be a mommy to this little baby girl I’ve bonded with over the past 9 months. I can’t wait until we can finally hold her in our arms and love on her.
We love you, Paisley Grace! Mommy and Daddy are SO excited to meet you.