Twenty-two is definitely going down in the books as my favorite age (well..so far, anyway).
On my birthday last year (which, by the way, was spent in the hospital on our vacation in Florida due to a bad stomach bug + pregnancy) I had no idea what the year would bring. Looking back at everything that has happened this past year, I am completely overwhelmed by the goodness of God and His grace in my life and the lives of others.
At the age of 22 I became a mother, a college graduate and a nurse. It was the year so many of the dreams I had for my life came true. I grew a lot as a wife as my husband and I started adjusting to our new roles as parents together. I had the privilege of watching my loving husband become a daddy (I still find myself watching him in awe sometimes as he fits the “daddy” role so unbelievably well). I developed a faith in God like I’ve never had before. I realized how fortunate we are to be surrounded by so many amazing friends and family members.
It definitely wasn’t a perfect year. It was filled with plenty of ups and downs, its own set of trials, lots of tears and some heartache. There were times I was discouraged, completely sleep deprived, running away from God, and even miserable at some points in the year. But… It was a year I will never forget and God used those hard times to teach me lessons I never would have learned otherwise. The ups were great and the downs were bad, but God saw us through it all. Even when I lacked trust for my faithful God, He took care of us. He taught me so much about Himself this year. He showed me that even when we lack faith, He is still in control and He is still God. He gave me grace for every day – even when I wasn’t necessarily looking to Him for it. I learned that His plan is far better than my own, even when I think I know it all (which, let me tell you, I definitely don’t). He is good regardless of our circumstances and He will continue to be good despite our failures and human imperfections.
22 was a year full of a lot of milestones & life lessons.
I am so excited to see what God has planned for 23!
We fall more in love with this sweet girl every single day.
I cannot believe 10 months has already gone by!!
At 10 months old she:
– Crawls EVERYWHERE. And she’s a quick little girl, too!! We are constantly chasing her around.
– Loves to clap her hands, dance, whistle, and laugh.
– Stands up all the time! She has even gotten brave enough to walk along the furniture and take steps with her walker but no steps on her own quite yet!
– Makes the funniest faces! She especially loves to copy the faces/noises of other people!
– Dropped her late afternoon nap and is now takes 2 naps a day.
– Has NINE teeth. That’s right, nine. (4 on top, 5 on the bottom) She is always smiling and showing them off. Oh & she’s in the process of cutting at least 3 more right now!
– Loves the songs “PaddyCake” “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.”
– Got to spend a special week with her Grandma Sparkles when she came to visit us!
– Is such a little ham. She’s always trying to make people laugh and show off all of her little tricks.
– Waves “bye-bye” and “hello.” Even to strangers at the grocery store.
– Is such a curious little girl. She is always getting into everything. She definitely keeps us on our toes.
– Has a mommy who is now officially a Registered Nurse! (Paisley went back to her daycare for a couple of weeks so she could have fun while I studied – it paid off because we found out on June 17th that I passed my state boards).
– Is NOT a big fan of cuddling. Unless you’re giving her a bottle, she’s extremely tired, or she’s not feeling well, good luck getting cuddles from Paisley Grace.
– Thinks it’s so funny to try to climb up the stairs. (Don’t worry – we have a baby gate now!)
– Weighs 23 pounds! She’s in the 60th percentile for weight and the 20th for height.
– Still won’t let us keep bows or clips in her hair. (Hence the crazy hair in most of her 10 month pictures)
– Loves to say “Dada.” That’s all I hear all day long. “Dada. Dada. Dada.” She will say “Baba” sometimes and has pretty much stopped saying “Mama” altogether. So, she’s just all about her daddy right now!
– Is wearing size FOUR diapers and is in 6-9 month & 12 month clothes.
– Really, really likes to eat. We have yet to find a food she doesn’t like!
– Got to go to the zoo on Memorial Day!
– Is currently in 12-hour wear with her brace. She only has to wear her boots and bar through the night until she’s 4! She’s such a trooper & her feet are still looking great!
– Loves anything that involves being outside. The swings, the park, the pool – you name it. She’s our nature girl.
– Is such a huge blessing to us and we absolutely love being her parents
Paisley Grace – we love you to the moon and back!
Happy 10 months of life, little one!