We have a one-year old. That’s just crazy.
This is my favorite age yet. Oh wait, I think I might have I said that before?
At one year, Paisley Grace:
– Talks constantly. Her favorite words are still “Da-da” and “Ba-ba” and recently she’s added quite a few more words into her vocabulary. Some of the recent additions include: Uh-oh, duck, two, dog, hello (pronounced “elll-uh” while she puts any object up to her ear like a phone), SSSSS (that means Aunt Kassidy, duh), and guess what? SHE STILL DOESN’T SAY “MA-MA.” I am just waiting for the day…
– Is down to taking only one nap from about 12-2. She knows when it’s nap time and she usually doesn’t fight it! (She’s like her daddy in regards to her love for napping).
– Still eats very well. She isn’t picky at all and loves her fruits and veggies!
– Loves to dance. Even when there isn’t any music playing. Gus always says she’s dancing to the music in her head! It is so cute to watch!
– Weighs 20 pounds, 12 ounces and is 29 inches long. (Yes, she is pretty short for her age).
– Hasn’t stood or taken any steps yet on her own but she’s always standing with help and scooting her way along the furniture!
– Gives the cutest kisses.
– Waves “bye-bye” and “hi” all the time. Even to all of the strangers in the grocery store.
– Is the biggest morning person. She wakes up in the happiest mood with a beautiful smile on her face!
– Isn’t much of a cuddler anymore. She basically will only cuddle when she first wakes up from her nap and when she takes a bottle.
– Had two really fun birthday parties in Florida with family & friends! She had a blast and especially loved the cake!
– Loves going on walks, petting animals, hanging out with other kids at the library, gymnastics, and anything that involves music & singing!
– Is wearing 9-12 month clothes. 12 month pants are super long on her but we make it work!
– Knows some sign language! She knows the signs for all-done, please, sleep and more. She’s working on learning more signs. She’s such a smart little girl and it is fun to watch her communicate with us in that way!
– Had a really rough week of being sick right after her birthday. With sickness came a grumpy, grumpy girl who threw tantrums and was a big challenge for mommy. Thankfully, after a few miserable days, she is back to her happy, healthy, easygoing self!
– Starts going to her new daycare next week. She’s excited. Mommy is nervous. I’m sure she will do great, though! She’s a very adaptable little girl.
– Loves, loves, loves her daddy. It is really sweet to watch those two interact together! Melts. my. heart.
– Is SUCH a blessing to us (yes, even on the difficult days). She brings so much laughter and joy into our home and we cannot imagine our lives without her.
Happy 12 months of life, little one.
We love you to the moon & back!
We fall more in love with this sweet girl every single day.
I cannot believe 10 months has already gone by!!
At 10 months old she:
– Crawls EVERYWHERE. And she’s a quick little girl, too!! We are constantly chasing her around.
– Loves to clap her hands, dance, whistle, and laugh.
– Stands up all the time! She has even gotten brave enough to walk along the furniture and take steps with her walker but no steps on her own quite yet!
– Makes the funniest faces! She especially loves to copy the faces/noises of other people!
– Dropped her late afternoon nap and is now takes 2 naps a day.
– Has NINE teeth. That’s right, nine. (4 on top, 5 on the bottom) She is always smiling and showing them off. Oh & she’s in the process of cutting at least 3 more right now!
– Loves the songs “PaddyCake” “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.”
– Got to spend a special week with her Grandma Sparkles when she came to visit us!
– Is such a little ham. She’s always trying to make people laugh and show off all of her little tricks.
– Waves “bye-bye” and “hello.” Even to strangers at the grocery store.
– Is such a curious little girl. She is always getting into everything. She definitely keeps us on our toes.
– Has a mommy who is now officially a Registered Nurse! (Paisley went back to her daycare for a couple of weeks so she could have fun while I studied – it paid off because we found out on June 17th that I passed my state boards).
– Is NOT a big fan of cuddling. Unless you’re giving her a bottle, she’s extremely tired, or she’s not feeling well, good luck getting cuddles from Paisley Grace.
– Thinks it’s so funny to try to climb up the stairs. (Don’t worry – we have a baby gate now!)
– Weighs 23 pounds! She’s in the 60th percentile for weight and the 20th for height.
– Still won’t let us keep bows or clips in her hair. (Hence the crazy hair in most of her 10 month pictures)
– Loves to say “Dada.” That’s all I hear all day long. “Dada. Dada. Dada.” She will say “Baba” sometimes and has pretty much stopped saying “Mama” altogether. So, she’s just all about her daddy right now!
– Is wearing size FOUR diapers and is in 6-9 month & 12 month clothes.
– Really, really likes to eat. We have yet to find a food she doesn’t like!
– Got to go to the zoo on Memorial Day!
– Is currently in 12-hour wear with her brace. She only has to wear her boots and bar through the night until she’s 4! She’s such a trooper & her feet are still looking great!
– Loves anything that involves being outside. The swings, the park, the pool – you name it. She’s our nature girl.
– Is such a huge blessing to us and we absolutely love being her parents
Paisley Grace – we love you to the moon and back!
Happy 10 months of life, little one!
Every month I think to myself, “This is the best age yet.”
Then… the next month comes along and I find myself loving that next age even more than the last.
At 8 months old she:
– Has FOUR teeth! Two on the bottom and two on the top! Those 4 teeth make her sweet smile that much more adorable. (Unfortunately, she loves to grind her teeth and that just drives her mommy and daddy crazy)
– Says “Mama” and “Baba” – we figured out that she calls Gus “Baba” instead of “Dada.” On April 13th, I had the day off so Paisley and I spent the entire day together. She did not say “Baba” at all throughout the day. As soon as Gus got home that evening, all she said was “Baba” when she saw him!! It’s hilarious.
– Smiles all the time. Seriously though, I mean it. This little girl is almost always happy – even when she had a double ear infection AND a sinus infection. She’s a tough one!
– Is a chunky monkey – she weighs 18 pounds!! She’s in the 69th percentile for weight – (when she was born, she was in the 1st percentile)
– Is starting to get to that age where she doesn’t really want to be held by strangers (especially if she can’t see that her mommy & daddy are close by).
– Weighs 6-9 month clothes (mostly 9 months nowadays) and size 3 diapers! Wow…I feel like yesterday she was wearing premie clothes & diapers.
– Hasn’t quite figured out how to crawl yet, but she gets into the crawling position and rocks back and forth, moves backwards, and spins in a circle. She’s getting close!
– LOVES to swing. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before. It is her favorite thing to do. She just laughs and laughs. I can’t even tell you how many pictures I have of our sweet girl swinging! We recently moved and we have a huge park across the street from where we live with lots and lots of swings to play in. Let’s just say there will be lots of visits to that park.
– Had a great first Easter holiday! She woke up to her first Easter basket filled with goodies, went to church and played in the nursery with a new friend, and we all had supper with some great friends of ours in Greenville and their family! We had a wonderful time!
– Claps all the time, likes to stick her tongue out, waves “bye-bye” and gives kisses! (Well, they are her version of kisses, anyway. She makes a fish face and makes the lip-smacking noise)
– Hates cuddling. She will not let anyone (including me or her daddy) pick her up and just cuddle her. The closest she will come to cuddling is when I have a day off and I let her sleep in the bed with me after Gus leaves for work. Other than that, not a chance!
– Still eats her baby food like a champ! She also loves to snack on puffs and has started eating some soft, small pieces of regular food. She tried mashed potatoes and beans on Easter Sunday!
– Has finally learned how to roll over without her boots and bar on!! (She started doing this on April 13th!) Now that she figured out how to roll – that’s how she gets from place to place! She loves to roll all around the house.
– Absolutely must be holding her rubber ducky during bath time every night. If she doesn’t have her duck in her hands she freaks out.
– Likes other babies and kids. This is kind of a given since she’s been going to daycare since she was 3 weeks old..but it’s so cute to watch her laugh & smile at other kids when we go to the park and just be so intrigued by whatever they’re doing!
– Is still such a daddy’s girl. When Gus comes home from work he gets the biggest smiles and laughs out of Miss Paisley!
– Is a very messy eater (hence the sweet potatoes on her face in her 8 month pictures!)
Paisley, you bring so much joy into our lives each day. We love you.
Happy 8 months of life, little one!
Happy half birthday to our sweet baby girl. Half a year. 6 months. I still remember when Paisley Grace was 6 hours old, 6 days old, 6 weeks old. Now she’s 6 months old and I cannot even wrap my mind around it. (I shared some of my thoughts about that here)
These past 6 months have been the best.At 6 months old she…
– Has TWO teeth. They are both on the bottom and they are just cute as can be.
– Laughs constantly. It seems like she’s always laughing or smiling (well…except when she’s overtired). She especially likes to laugh when we are at any kind of store. Her little giggles just fills the room and brings a smile the face of everyone who hears it. She also laughs at mommy & daddy all the time.
– Does this really cute thing where she puts the back of both of her hands over her eyes when she gets really tired. She’s a drama queen, already.
– Has started trying to copy us when we make funny noises and faces.
– Is a really cute sleeper. BUT she doesn’t sleep very well during the day. She’s getting better at sleeping through the night, but during the day she wants to be awake and interacting with everyone for the most part.
– Started sitting up on her own on Saturday, February 7th (2 days before she turned 6 months old)! She looks like such a big girl when she sits up and reaches for her toys!
-Is a little cuddle bug and really really loves when she gets to snuggle up in mommy and daddy’s bed.
– Has her ears pierced! She got them pierced on January 17th while her Aunt Kassidy was visiting us in South Carolina. She handled it like such a champ.
– Loves animals. Stuffed animals, real animals, pictures of animals, everything. She just LOVES them! She smiles and giggles when she sees them. She has a plush frog toy she loves to hold whenever we’re home. She’s also met several dogs who love to give her kisses and she just pets them (AKA pulls their hair) and laughs.
– Is a morning person! She doesn’t wake up in the morning crying. Instead, we usually hear her cooing and babbling in her crib and when we walk in to get her she gives us the biggest smile. Mornings with Paisley are the sweetest!
– Wears 0-3 month clothes and can fit into some 3-6 months (they’re just too long on her still, but I’m sure she’ll be wearing them in no time).
– Has some cute nicknames. Mommy calls her monkey moo moo, Grandma Deb and Pokey call her Paigie, daddy calls her monster and little one. She’s bound to have lots of nicknames as the years go by.
– Has lost a lot of her hair. She was born with a full head of strawberry blonde hair and now the majority of her hair is found only on the top of her head! Still cute as a button but I’m really excited for her hair to eventually grow back.
– Is doing so well eating her baby food. She loves bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, apples, and pears. The only thing she has tried that she didn’t care for were peaches.
Our photoshoot this month was filled with lots of giggles, smiles, silly faces, and big belly laughs. (Even more so than usual – Enjoy!)
Happy half birthday, little one. We love you so much!!