Happy half birthday to our sweet baby girl. Half a year. 6 months. I still remember when Paisley Grace was 6 hours old, 6 days old, 6 weeks old. Now she’s 6 months old and I cannot even wrap my mind around it. (I shared some of my thoughts about that here)
These past 6 months have been the best.At 6 months old she…
– Has TWO teeth. They are both on the bottom and they are just cute as can be.
– Laughs constantly. It seems like she’s always laughing or smiling (well…except when she’s overtired). She especially likes to laugh when we are at any kind of store. Her little giggles just fills the room and brings a smile the face of everyone who hears it. She also laughs at mommy & daddy all the time.
– Does this really cute thing where she puts the back of both of her hands over her eyes when she gets really tired. She’s a drama queen, already.
– Has started trying to copy us when we make funny noises and faces.
– Is a really cute sleeper. BUT she doesn’t sleep very well during the day. She’s getting better at sleeping through the night, but during the day she wants to be awake and interacting with everyone for the most part.
– Started sitting up on her own on Saturday, February 7th (2 days before she turned 6 months old)! She looks like such a big girl when she sits up and reaches for her toys!
-Is a little cuddle bug and really really loves when she gets to snuggle up in mommy and daddy’s bed.
– Has her ears pierced! She got them pierced on January 17th while her Aunt Kassidy was visiting us in South Carolina. She handled it like such a champ.
– Loves animals. Stuffed animals, real animals, pictures of animals, everything. She just LOVES them! She smiles and giggles when she sees them. She has a plush frog toy she loves to hold whenever we’re home. She’s also met several dogs who love to give her kisses and she just pets them (AKA pulls their hair) and laughs.
– Is a morning person! She doesn’t wake up in the morning crying. Instead, we usually hear her cooing and babbling in her crib and when we walk in to get her she gives us the biggest smile. Mornings with Paisley are the sweetest!
– Wears 0-3 month clothes and can fit into some 3-6 months (they’re just too long on her still, but I’m sure she’ll be wearing them in no time).
– Has some cute nicknames. Mommy calls her monkey moo moo, Grandma Deb and Pokey call her Paigie, daddy calls her monster and little one. She’s bound to have lots of nicknames as the years go by.
– Has lost a lot of her hair. She was born with a full head of strawberry blonde hair and now the majority of her hair is found only on the top of her head! Still cute as a button but I’m really excited for her hair to eventually grow back.
– Is doing so well eating her baby food. She loves bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, apples, and pears. The only thing she has tried that she didn’t care for were peaches.
Our photoshoot this month was filled with lots of giggles, smiles, silly faces, and big belly laughs. (Even more so than usual – Enjoy!)
Happy half birthday, little one. We love you so much!!
You know those moms who always refer to their children’s ages in months? I’m not talking about that mom who tells you she has a 3 month-old baby. I’m referring to the moms who say they have a “34 month-old” or a “28 month-old.” I used to get so annoyed when I heard moms say comments like that. I would always think to myself “Oh, so you mean they’re 2 and a half years old? Or…almost 3 years old?!” No, those kids’ ages are still in MONTHS. Now that I’m a mom, I totally get it.
When Paisley was born I kept track of how many hours old she was. Call me crazy, but I did. Naturally, those “hours old” then became “days old” and then before we knew it, “weeks old.” Oh man, when I had to make the transition from “weeks old” to “months old” I almost lost it. I remember talking to my husband about how I was never going to stop telling everyone Paisley’s age in weeks. I would start a new trend if I had to, but I wasn’t going to say the word “month” after her age. I couldn’t bring myself to do it. All of a sudden those moms who tell you their toddlers ages in months don’t seem so bad, right!? (Don’t worry – that trend didn’t last too long!)
This month, on February 9th, our “little” baby will be 6 months old. 26 weeks old. 184 days old. 4,416 hours old. Even if I didn’t realize it at the time, I truly am thankful to God for every single one of those hours.
Every hour spent soothing a crying baby who was wide awake in the middle of the night.
Every hour spent trying to work on homework or study only to be distracted by a cute little baby staring back at me.
Every hour spent at various doctors’ appointments and casting appointments.
Every hour spent crying because I was an overwhelmed new mom who felt like I didn’t know what I was doing.
Every hour spent cuddling with this precious miracle God gave to me.
Every hour spent watching my husband be the best dad he can possibly be to our little girl.
Every hour spent ignoring everyone’s advice to “sleep when she sleeps” so we could just stare at her in admiration and love on her.
Every hour spent praying for Paisley and about the responsibility of being a mommy to this precious girl.
Every hour spent wondering how my baby was doing at daycare when I should have been paying attention in class.
Every hour spent with sweet family and friends who helped us immensely when Paisley was first born.
Every hour spent on the phone with my mom asking 1,000 questions about newborns and milestones and everything else you can think of.
Every hour spent just trying to figure out how to function during the day when we were only getting 2 hours of sleep each night.
Every hour spent ultimately loving being a mommy to this amazing gift from God.
Forgive me if I refer to her age in months for the rest of her life. Yup, I’m going to be THAT mom. (Okay, okay… I won’t do that. Well, at least not out loud)
In all seriousness, I can’t believe she is going to be six months old soon. Wow.
Time really does fly by.
Now I get it.
Our sweet baby girl is 3 months old already! Somebody just stop time for a little while, please!!!
At 3 months old she:
– Smiles. A LOT. We absolutely love it!
– Really, really loves to be swaddled when she sleeps. BUT…because of her boots and bar we are only able to swaddle the top half of her and her little arms. It’s kind of adorable.
– Is a paci baby. This momma is definitely thankful for that! (For now, anyway)
– Wakes up smiling in the morning. Some mornings we even have to wake her up to get her to daycare and she is all smiles even after we wake her up! I only wish I could be so friendly first thing in the morning.
– Is a WIGGLE WORM. Always. That’s all I’m going to say about that.
– Finally has her nighttime/sleep routine down and is currently at the point where she only wakes up once (or not at all) during the night!! We could not be more thankful!!
– Had her first Halloween – she was Snow White! We are very excited for next year when she’ll be able to go trick-or-treating!
– Is wearing 0-3 month clothing and is in size 1 diapers. It’s unreal how fast babies grow!!
– Has the cutest crying face. How is that even possible? Sometimes, Gus will just watch her when she starts to cry because it’s that cute!
– Is completely enthralled by anything that moves, makes noise, and/or has lights. Ceiling fans, the TV, her mobile, lights…you name it! It’s so cute to watch her “interact” with her environment.
– Has adjusted unbelievably well to daycare. I’m telling you – our little girl has the ability to adjust exceptionally well to different situations.
– Coos and babbles. This is one of my favorite things about this age. She’s so interactive! She makes the cutest little noises and faces as she tries to “talk” to us!
– Doesn’t like it when mommy has to focus on homework. She also doesn’t like it when we’re at a restaurant and the food arrives at the table. Both of those scenarios result in her loudly requesting our full attention. Maybe it’s just a phase?
– Is finally used to her boots and bar! This is a huge accomplishment for all of us!
– Laughs in her sleep AND cries in her sleep sometimes. Do babies dream? Either way, it’s entertaining.
– Is overall a very, very happy baby. She is exceptionally content! Obviously, there are exceptions…but overall we have been very impressed with how well-behaved she usually is.
I never knew that a 3 month-old little baby could teach me so much. So much about myself, about life, and about God’s grace.
We love you very much, Paisley Grace.
Happy 3 months of life, little one!
Our little girl is already 2 months old! We are just so in love with her. She’s our whole world.
At 2 months old she:
– Has chubby, chubby cheeks
– Weighs 10 pounds, 2.5 ounces!!
– Loves to go on walks in her stroller
– Likes to stay awake and interact a lot during the day
– Uses Tommee Tippee bottles only. She’s kind of a bottle snob
– Is on a pretty good schedule. Eating 3 or 4 ounces every 3 -3.5 hours
– Is wearing size 1 diapers. No more newborn diapers for our little girl!
– Really enjoys her bath time! She got her first full bath (without her casts on) October 7th!
– Spits up a lot after she eats…yuck. Hopefully a recent formula change will help this little problem!
– Has had visits from so many amazing people who love her and traveled a long way just to see her!
– Loves to lay on her changing table and look around her nursery with the cutest little expressions.
– Is wearing NB and 0-3 month clothing. Mostly 0-3 months…but there’s something challenging for this momma about putting away those tiny newborn clothes. We’re slowing transitioning, though!
– Has the prettiest smile I’ve ever seen. She also smiles and laughs when we talk and interact with her!
– Has slept through the night 3 times. Well, slept for a good 6 hours straight, anyway. We’re happy!
– Got her last set of casts taken off on October 7th! She now is in the boots and bar stage of treatment for her clubfoot and it’s been a little rough. When she adjusts it will hopefully be a lot better!
She’s just the sweetest little baby and we are incredibly blessed to be her mommy & daddy.
We love you, Paisley Grace.
Happy 2 months of life, little one!
I can’t believe our little girl is already a month old. Where in the world does the time go?!
At one month old she:
– Loves her tiny hands and is always moving them around
– Makes the most adorable little squeaking and grunting noises
– Loves to sleep in her MamaRoo and really, really likes to be rocked
– Keeps mommy & daddy awake…a lot
– Stares off into the distance for long periods of time and does these cute, slow blinks
– Has had 4 sets of casts on her little legs
– Wears newborn clothes and diapers (putting the preemie clothes away was hard for this momma)
– Weighs 7 lb 8 oz without her casts (8 lb 4 ounces with her casts on)
– Smiles in her sleep…and smiled once at Gus & I while she was awake!
– Really, really knows how to throw a fit. Including kicking her casts and punching herself in the face
– Has already been to Chick-fil-A with us 7 times
– Always decides to pee while we’re changing her diaper (little stinker!)
– Loves it when we give her a bath. She doesn’t even cry!
– Already tries to suck her thumb
– Makes the cutest, silliest faces
We love our sweet Paisley Grace so much.
Happy one month of life, little one!
We are so excited to announce the birth of our sweet baby girl!
Paisley Grace Vanaman
Born on August 9th, 2014 at 2:35 PM
5 pounds, 12 ounces
18.5 inches long