I can’t believe our baby girl is 15 months old. (Wait, can I still call her a baby?)
At 15 months old she:
– FINALLY says “Mama” or sometimes “Mom”… yes, it took her 15 months to say it intentionally but she finally says it and I couldn’t be happier.
– Loves all things involving art. Her favorite thing to do is draw on paper with a pencil, pen, marker, or crayons.
– WALKS!!! She started walking on October 15th! (She was just over 14 months old!) We were so excited.
– Weighs 22 pounds, 4 ounces and is 29.5 inches tall! She’s in the 64th percentile for weight and the 16th percentile for height.
– Is obsessed with animals. She knows what sounds lions, frogs, monkeys, and elephants make and she can recognize each of those animals. She especially loves elephants…they were the first animal she recognized and the first animal she learned how to imitate the sound of (random, I know).
– Has become quite the diva. She knows how to throw a fit and if she doesn’t get her way she let’s you know she’s upset about it. Terrible two’s already?
– Got to spend a lot of time with family in the last couple of months! Several of her aunts and uncles and three of her cousins came to visit her and we had a blast! She got to go to the zoo, the apple orchard, and got to play with her cousins a lot!
– Loves to put her shoes on and walk around the house picking up everyone’s shoes then bringing them to me saying “Shoe, shoe.”
– Absolutely loves books. Her favorite book is currently “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.” Every night when we tell her to bring us a book that’s the one she always picks! She also loves any kind of touch and feel book where the pages have different textures.
– Talks all the time. I mean ALL THE TIME. When she’s not babbling and talking with her hands, she’s saying words and phrases like: I love you (pronounced “eyy-wuv-eww”), puppy, uh-oh, banana (pronounced “Nananana” while sticking her tongue out), dada, mama, baby, thank you, hello, cheese, bye-bye, hi, shoe, ball, and other things we can’t quite make out. It is so cute!
– Loves to sing and dance. She loves music. Her favorite song is currently ABC’s and The Wheels on the Bus (she even does the motions for the wheels turning!)
– Doesn’t use her paci anymore except for at naps and at bedtime! We are so proud of our big girl. She also doesn’t take a bottle at all anymore! Just sippy/straw cups now.
– Got her hair done in pig tails for the first time! It looked so adorable.
– Loves playing outside. Now that she is walking around everywhere she always wants to go play outside and walk around!
– Is wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 4 diapers. (Still…and I feel like she’s been in size 4 diapers forever).
– Got to enjoy a lot of fun fall festivities. She went to a pumpkin patch with mommy, daddy, Aunt Kassidy, and Grandma Sparkles AND got to go trick-or-treating for the first time on Halloween! She loved it. She was dressed as a strawberry. When people would open their doors she would just sit down right outside the front door and everyone thought it was so funny!
– Loves to give hugs, kisses, and high-fives to people! She’s very friendly and likes to wave to everyone she sees when we go out to the store.
We love you so much, Paisley Grace! Happy 15 months of life, little one!